purple child

Sunday, December 05, 2004

He and She II

Sometimes I don't feel like a woman ........ because I don't do things that normal women do.
Please don't take offence .... all you women. It's not a sweeping generalisation.
I can't imagine making someone's life miserable just because I'm having a bad day. I'd like to change a flat tyre. I always have an urge to get into a fist fight with people and beat them up. I like wearing track pants all the time. I think manicures and pedicures are a waste of time and money and effort. I can do without cooking. I like sitting quietly when guys are having a deep conversation even if it is Cristiano Jr's sudden death. I hate running people's lives. Do your own thing I say. I understand men better than other women. Maybe thats because the man in me speaks louder. Some of the most beautiful women according to me are those who possess resilience and show it when they have to. I don't understand men who treat me like eye candy. I don't detest them or avoid them I just don't understand them. If you are doing all my work what am I doing sitting around? Adding to the background value?

Am almost always absent minded about other people's needs. I always talk about my problems first, oblivious to the fact that it is a dialogue.... and that the other person might want to say something. So I guess am not all the things that go into being the perfect woman. A woman as a man would perceive is different from a woman that other women would look at. Or for that matter the woman that i'am is far different from the woman I'd like to be in a few years.
So I wish there is no benchmark in terms of whats acceptable and whats not. My mother getting up at 5:30 am to make us tea is acceptable but it isn't acceptable that I can't or refuse to do the same. Am not a rebel of any kind, am too lazy to be one. I just like doing my things my way. And if I want to do something I 'd do so with all my heart and creativity but give me a lecture on how I ought to...... I'll be so thickskinned that you'll feel sorry that you ever knew me.
This blog should have been titled " Me & Me"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home