purple child

Monday, October 25, 2004

Dominic Fernandes

For all those who read this blog this one is dedicated to Dominic. And I really hope he gets well soon because he's just 17 or 18. He's intelligent and sensitive and very young. He's been fighting this disease since he was a baby. I can't describe in words how much strength this boy has, to endure this for so long. This is when Sharon needs me and I can't be with her. This strange lump in my throat and am trying very hard not to let it show.
The first time Shanu and I spoke about Dom, was sitting at Jains at 11:30 in the night and she was telling me how he went for his first school interview and did it so well. The girl he liked in school. How she looked forward to him starting college. It was really different from my relationship with my brother because its almost as if my brother was born first. Very sensible and all that. So if something were to happen to DJ I wouldn't be able to keep up for too long.

But Sharon and Dominic are just perfect siblings. They are just as mad as I was. Their childhood was like ours. The parents are so similar its unbelivable. Its as if I could walk into their house and strike a conversation with her mum.
So free yet so controlled. Same values. Same questions we asked ourselves (or to others). Good upbringing (the way I see it) and all that jazz.
Just that Dominic has been to the hospital too many times. And I know that he just does not deserve it. He's a good child.

So am just hoping and praying that he comes out of that hospital and doesn't have to go back ever again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home