purple child

Thursday, December 09, 2004

School .... yuck.... hell revisited

Was seeing some school photographs ...actually stumbled upon them by chance. It was such a strange feeling because you might think that there is a part of life that you don't want to recollect and that you will forget it eventually. But those pictures changed my perception. I remember everything including the smell in those class rooms. The sound of the first bell and the sweet sound of the final bell. They were the same but the latter sounded so much more melodious.
I hated school. I hated everything about it including waking up in the morning, shoving a glass ful of milk down my throat and then running to the bus stop which was a good 10 minute walk. I loved vacations. Infact I loved school just a day or two before vacations. It was all so nice. The whole wrapping up and going for a while feeling. Holiday homeworks were assigned but who cared? I still don't regret not being the teacher's pet or the debate competition that I missed because I wasn't confident enough. I was never confident of anything. Infact I was a compulsive backbencher with just one ambition - get back home and go out and play. And thats exactly what am going to make my kids do. If I have the good fortune of making them with my dear boyfriend, it will be a little difficult. You see the love of my life loves talking about his wonderful and celebrated school life. Not only did he stand first in each class ... the bugger had all the time in the world to go for hajjaar debates and guess what ....win all of them ...Damn! and then he meets me.
Howzzat???? His kids I know will be Karimeen eating little bespeckled rats... mine will be sher da patthas (little tigers) ....
oh well.... hmmmm on second thoughts bespeckled (with grey locks) mice will be a better long term investment... no?

1 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2010 at 3:50 AM, Blogger Garfield D'Souza said…

    You write pretty well. And the angst and anxiety of being in the business you are in comes flowing out in the smoothest manner possible.

    A pity you haven't written anything since January 2006!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home